Earth Day – 7 Ways BiOWiSH Technologies is Investing in Our Planet
Saturday, April 22, 2023, is Earth Day, a day set aside to recognize our collective responsibility to our planet and to help accelerate the transition to an equitable, prosperous green economy for all. This year’s theme for Earth Day is “Invest in Our Planet.”
Here at BiOWiSH Technologies, sustainability is at the core of everything we do on a daily basis. Our mission is to unify nature and science to reinvent the way food is grown and to restore quality to our world’s water resources.
As a passionate force for global sustainability, we make innovative, world-class biotechnology products, designed to positively increase activity in natural biology that already exists. Natural, safe, and non-GMO, BiOWiSH® products offer sustainable solutions for meeting increased food demand and managing natural resources to improve the lives of all people.
In honor of Earth Day, we want to share seven ways in which we are investing in our planet:
- Agronomy – Our agronomy products are helping to produce more food per acre (hectare) while also improving the efficiency of mineral fertilizers. In over 320 independent studies around the world and covering a wide range of major crops, BiOWiSH® Crop Liquid has been shown to provide an average of 7.7% crop yield increase. Additionally, the optimized yield potential by improved nutrient uptake affords growers the possibility of reducing fertilizer inputs while maintaining yield goals. In parallel, a reduction in the land area required to produce the same amount of food could result in carbon emission reductions and opportunities for additional carbon sequestration.
- Water Treatment – Our suite of water bioaugmentation products helps to restore water systems to their natural equilibrium. BiOWiSH® water bioaugmentation products aid in the removal of organic matter, inorganic nutrients, and other exposure-related contaminants while improving water clarity and reducing odors.
- Aquaculture – Our aquaculture products help producers meet the demand for seafood in a way that is easy, safe, and sustainable using a program consisting of five elements: pond preparation, water management, feed management, issues management, and waste handling. The BiOWiSH goal is to help feed our growing global population in a way that is sustainable for the planet and profitable for the farmer.
- Hydrocarbon Remediation – Our suite of hydrocarbon remediation products helps to clean up soil or polluted bodies of water from spills or activities of exploration and production of oil and other petroleum-based products.
- Sustainability Team – We have added a new sustainability team to our business, which will focus on advancing sustainability solutions both internally and with external partners, as well as enhancing the services offered to the end-user of BiOWiSH® Enhanced Fertilizer.
- Lifetime Commitment – We have recently joined the Pond Foundation, a Swiss-registered, global non-profit that inspires strong regenerative action for people and the planet. Supported by Pond Foundation’s team, BiOWiSH will determine its Lifetime Carbon Balance (LCB), which is the amount of carbon emissions generated by its operations since its founding. It will progressively invest in carbon sequestration programs to remove that LCB from the atmosphere. It will implement emissions reduction initiatives and will continue to strengthen and implement its sustainability strategy to maximize its positive social and environmental impact.
- Partnership – We recognize that no one organization will be able to solve the complex, intricate challenges our earth is facing. However, through collaboration, organizations can band together and build on each other’s strengths to enact lasting, large-scale change. That’s a driving reason why BiOWiSH Technologies works so closely with partners because we know that as we work together, we’re more likely to solve these daunting, but not insurmountable, challenges our planet is facing.