CINCINNATI, OHIO — July 21, 2022— BiOWiSH Technologies, Inc. and SABIC Agri-Nutrients Company (SABIC AN) announced the successful completion of a year-long technical evaluation of BiOWiSH® Crop Liquid technology coated on SABIC’s urea in nine countries across five continents and nine different crop types.
BiOWiSH® Crop Liquid is a blend of proprietary microbial cultures that can be coated onto dry fertilizer or mixed with liquid fertilizers to create an enhanced efficiency fertilizer specifically designed to optimize yield potential and improve soil productivity.
Featuring the company’s proprietary HoloGene 3™ technology, BiOWiSH® Crop Liquid creates a high-performance partnership between the plant and BiOWiSH microorganisms. The new alliance has a combined genetic profile (the hologenome) that enhances native microbial activity in the soil, promotes soil quality, and supports the plant’s natural ability to resist environmental stress. This optimizes crop yield potential by increasing nutrient availability and improving soil productivity and plant vigor.
This unique mode of action, combined with the product’s industry-leading shelf life, is proven to achieve consistent desired results across a broad range of operating conditions, climates and environments – all at a low cost to farmers.
“We are thrilled to confirm that SABIC AN Bio-Enhanced Urea powered by BiOWiSH® has performed extremely well in the field,” said Munif Al-Munif, General Manager Agri-Nutrients Technology at SABIC AN.
“Our uniform, high-crushing strength urea combined with the superior technology of BiOWiSH® Crop Liquid delivers extended stability and consistent performance at a price per acre farmers can afford. In an industry challenged with high regulatory pressures and global food demand, we are excited to offer a sustainable product that safely increases crop production and generates higher profits for growers,” he added.
The market launch of SABIC AN Enhanced Urea will initially be fulfilled through SABIC AN partners in select target countries while the teams work together to expand in other regions around the world. The launch follows extensive successful testing of the product across multiple international markets, including the United States.
The Bio-Enhanced Urea, powered by BiOWiSH®, will be available at the same price as standard urea through the Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM) and American Plant Food (APF) for a limited time in select areas. Customers can contact their ADM or APF representative for more details.
In addition, SABIC AN and BiOWiSH have constructed a joint development platform designed to advance further customizations across a range of SABIC AN’s high-efficiency fertilizers. This partnership is the foundation for future products and other agronomic innovations.
“We appreciate the close collaboration with SABIC AN’s team,” said BiOWiSH CEO Ian Edwards. “It is very exciting that a market-leading fertilizer company such as SABIC AN recognizes the importance of biologicals and is placing such high focus and energy on bringing Bio-Enhanced Mineral Fertilizer to customers across the globe. Together, we will work toward our shared goal of developing agricultural solutions that help farmers maximize productivity and increase income – while at the same time, improving environmental outcomes.”
SABIC AN Bio-Enhanced Urea will be available to farmers in additional locations in the future, enabling growers to experience the benefits of BiOWiSH®-powered fertilizer.
For more information about BiOWiSH® Crop Liquid, visit biowishtech.com/product/crop-liquid/.
About BiOWiSH Technologies
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, BiOWiSH Technologies, Inc. is a global provider of biotechnology solutions for the agriculture, aquaculture, and environmental management industries. As a leader in the agricultural market, we help farmers increase crop production sustainably, safely and cost effectively. Our revolutionary BiOWiSH® Crop Liquid can be coated onto dry fertilizer or mixed with liquid fertilizer to create an enhanced efficiency fertilizer that optimizes yield potential, expresses plant vigor and improves soil productivity across a broad range of operating conditions, climates and environments. By unifying nature and science, BiOWiSH reinvents the way food is grown. For more information, visit biowishtech.com.
About SABIC Agri-Nutrients Company
SABIC AN is a public joint stock company listed on the Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul), where SABIC owns 50.1% with the remaining 49.9% being held by the private sector and the public. It is one of the leading global fertilizer producers. SABIC AN portfolio includes urea, ammonia, phosphate and other specialized products.